The mercury glass lamp fluorescent offer homeowners many benefits. Being more efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs, fluorescent lamps save money because they consume less energy. Choosing energy-efficient models, the owners ensure that the lamps will last at least 6,000 hours. Regardless of these benefits, some concerns about the level of mercury in fluorescent lamps and risks associated with mercury have emerged.
Being a known neuron toxin, panic associated with mercury certainly seems justified when you consider the associated risks. When exposed to mercury, people suffer damage to his brain, kidneys, adrenal glands and gastrointestinal tract. Being especially toxic to infants and children. Mercury glass lamp exposure can also cause death.
In comparison, household thermometers can contain as much as 500 mg of mercury. These figures suggest that the reports relating to health risks associated with the amount of mercury in fluorescent lamps have been exaggerated.
Exposure to a mercury glass lamp should pose no significant risk to the health of consumers when it is intact. However, when broken fluorescent lamps release mercury contained therein polluting the health of the natural world and the human population. Fluorescent tubes handled carefully to avoid breakage and should have no problems for its mercury content.